Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and Indian School certificate (ISC) are exams conducted by Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations for standards 10th and 12th respectively. Before 1986, it was affiliated to the French Board Examination, a fact that gives it great credibility among foreign schools and universities.
ICSE and ISC exams are known for their extensive and voluminous syllabus.
The subjects are divided into three groups:
- Group I includes compulsory subjects
- History, Civics & Geography
- Second Language
- Group II includes any two or three subjects from
- Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
- Environmental Science
- Commercial Studies
- Modern Foreign Language
- Classical Language
- Group III has any one subject from Computer Applications, Economic Applications, Commercial Applications, Art, Performing Arts, Home Science, Cookery, Fashion Designing, Physical Education, Technical Drawing Applications, Yoga, and Environmental Applications.